Maple Cross School is a unique and progressive learning community which prioritises professional trust. We believe all children and adults in our community can develop and grow in a safe and supportive environment. We believe that the ability to reflect, lead and aspire is at the core of the learning experience.
- All lessons are carefully considered and prepared based on prior learning and broader curriculum objectives.
- All pupils experience a range of opportunities for reflection.
- All learning is introduced in a purposeful, engaging and exciting way.
- All lessons have high expectations for all pupils through a differentiated and scaffolded approach.
- All lessons are varied in structure using a range of teaching strategies and providing rich learning opportunities.
- Regular and robust assessment inform ongoing learning.
- All learning is extended and depended through quality dialogic feedback approach.
- Learning environments are accessible, relevant and represent a richness of learning
- Children experience a breadth of quality questioning aimed at challenging and deepening existing knowledge to enable a higher level reasoning.
We share achievements in assemblies, within classes and weekly in ‘Tea with Mrs T’. Each week pupil’s classes share their learning with our headteacher, Mrs Trickett, over a cup of hot chocolate.
As the headteacher at Maple Cross, I am privileged to work alongside a dedicated group of skilled professionals on a daily basis. Our committed governors, tireless PTA and an incredibly supportive school community allow us to learn with, and learn from, an inspirational group of young children.
We warmly invite you to come and visit the school during a working day by booking an appointment with the school office and we look forward to working with you to make the difference.
Promoting British Values at Maple Cross JMI and Nursery School
Please see our British Values section, under curriculum, for full details of how the British values are taught at Maple Cross.