Y5 have shown a huge amount of focus this week as they prepared to read their ‘Tinga Tinga Tales’ stories to Y1. Year 5 – you have achieved a huge amount over the last 8 days. You have:
- Written and redrafted a story in literacy based on our learning about adaptation in science.
- Created a ‘before and after adaptation’ piece of art.
- Manipulated a scanned image of your art – cropping it, resizing it and super-imposing it on a background in computing. You then laid text over the top of your newly created image.
- You then rehearsed performing your story to eachother and listened to eachothers constructive criticism.
- Then we read our stories to Y1 and helped them in their learning by asking them to predict what might happen next and asking them to identify beginning, middle and end.
- Some of you took huge risks and read your stories out in front of whole class, and even the whole school (many of you wanted to – but there wasn’t enough time!)
Year 1, you were superb and tried really hard to listen to the stories and answer the questions put to you by year 5. Well done you! Did you enjoy year 5 visiting your class? How did you feel about answering all their questions?
Year 5 – how do you feel now we have completed our mini-project? What challenged you the most?