The Full Governing Body met this evening to discuss the past, current and future shape of our school. Amongst other things, we….
- enjoyed hearing the subject report from the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Maths) Cluster and heard about developments in maths reasoning; development of Science Journals and the Enthuse Partnership; and the integration of Google Education.
- discussed how we address the issue of persistent lateness (at the start and end of the day).
- discussed the importance of ‘context’ when analysing pupil progress data.
- reviewed the schools financial position.
Tonight saw the first Full Governing Body of 2018 and, as ever, there was plenty of lively debate about the journey our school has been on, and our direction of travel.
Amongst many other things we discussed:
- A discussion of attendance and punctuality.
- The School Improvement Plan
- A discussion of the various ‘action research’ projects happening in the school.
- Updates on the lower playground equipment and kitchen projects.
- A discussion of the staff survey
- An update from the Academisation Working Party
- Next meeting – Monday 19th March
Should you have any questions for the governing body, please feel free to email our Chair of Governors, Amanda Erasmus (email@example.com)