On Monday, the PTA treated Year 5 to a trip to The Safety Centre in Milton Keynes. It was an amazing morning of practical and useful learning which allowed the children to consider how they could avoid or solve many commonplace and daily dangers. The set-up was incredible and the children were led through a town exploring different situations in a very real and practical way. Children had to consider the stopping distance of vehicles, water safety, road safety and car seat safety. They also entered a house and worked out how to manage different hazards that could arise as well as learning how to cope with an unconscious person. What was the most useful thing you learnt? Year 5 would like to say a massive thank you to the PTA.
Prior to FGB, our governors were treated to a ‘Festival of Learning’ where numerous staff and children shared their learning projects (separate post to follow). It was fantastic to see our learning community sharing their thoughts.
After that, despite the heat, our governors kept cool heads, didn’t get hot under the collar and got down to business. Topics covered:
- We congratulated Ms Trickett on her appointment as Head Teacher.
- We welcomed Ms Scourfield to the FGB in the role of Staff Governor.
- The staffing & structure for next academic year was clarified.
- We received Mr Roberts’ final Heads Report.
- An update on a variety of projects across the school (tbc) was heard.
- We thanked John Reynolds for his unyielding support as a Governor over the last 12 years. He has made a fantastic contribution to our school community
Finally, we thanked Mr Roberts for his passion, endeavour and good humour and wished him all the very best for the future.
Should you wish to speak to Amanda Erasmus, our Chair of Governors, please email email@example.com