Today a group of boys in Nursery invented their own game. On Monday we will be formalising the rules to share with the rest of the class but here is a summary of how to play.
- Roll two, three or four dice at one go
- Line the dice up and count the total number of spots
- Count that number along the number track to find the numeral
- Find that number in the pile of number bean bags
- Put the bean bag in the correct order
The children were incredibly collaborative, taking turns and encouraging others. They had to really focus as there were so many steps to the games and the boys never loss focus or concentration.
It took a long time to roll the total of 15 and they kept rolling 14, 17 and 18!
They are very keen to share it with their peers on Monday.