The Governing Body met via zoom this evening.
The full governing body have met this evening and the following has been discussed:
- The heads’ report was received, relevant questions asked and answered and Mrs Trickett was thanked for her detailed report.
- The SIP and SEF were discussed and ongoing actions were shared with Governors.
- Curriculum reports were received for a number of subjects and governors thanked teachers
- Finance committee met and details were shared with all governors this evening
- Policies reviewed
- Previous governor training session led by Helen Jones was discussed and further actions were shared going forward
- Minutes from the previous FGB approved
- Governor day plan discussed for Summer 2
- Verbal SEND update shared
The next meeting will be on Tuesday 6th July.
This evening the Full Governing Body met via zoom. Mr Steve Pidgeon was welcomed to his first FGB as non-teaching staff member.
Ms Trickett gave an update on the School Improvement Plan (SIP).
School policies, including the equality policy, were reviewed, ratified and adopted as appropriate.
The head teacher’s report was received.
Governors discussed the school priorities and how they know that progress is being made on them.
Minutes from the last meeting were approved and actions from them were discussed.
Governors discussed forthcoming training and recent training that had been undertaken.
The date of the next meeting is Monday 25th January 2021.
This evening’s full governing body meeting started with a ‘Learning Festival’ where governors were able to talk to staff about learning that has taken place this year and plans for next year.
In the main meeting we welcomed Rachel Macfarlane Director of Education Services at Herts for Learning and one of the authors of ‘The Nine Pillars of Great Schools’ who discussed Robust and Rigorous self evaluation with the governing body.
A variety of reports were received and considered including verbal reports on Science, RE, PSHE and The School Parliament and the Head’s Written Report.
Minutes from the previous meeting and matters arising were addressed and ratified. Governors thanked staff for the opportunity to visit the school during the recent Governor day and agreed that this was a very positive experience for all concerned.
School policies were reviewed and approved.
This evening was Ms Jill Biss’ last meeting as a governor and thanks were expressed to her for all her contributions to the governing body.
Date of next meeting Monday 7th October 2019 at 6pm.