Our school blog is a way for us to share our news, ideas and learning with other people. In order to do this it is very important that we understand how to use this blog, and the internet in a safe and secure way.
The following guidelines have been established to ensure the safety of our pupils when blogging. The guidelines are also reminders of how to use the blog to improve writing and keyboarding skills.
- Pupil work will only be identified by first names. All comments from children should have first names only.
- Parents who leave comments are asked not to use last names either. (Please post comments as “Jimmy’s mum” or “Megan’s grandfather”, etc.) If for any reason this isn’t appropriate to your family set up, just use your first name.
- All comments submitted have to be approved by a teacher before they are included on the blog. Positive, appropriate comments that follow the rules will be approved and added to the blog. We may, from time to time, need to edit comments slightly but we will never change the meaning.
- Proof-read your comments carefully. Children should ask parents/carers to check for spelling mistakes before submitting a comment.
- Only Maple Cross JMI staff have access to publish pages and posts.
- Always write in full sentences and words – no “text talk” please!
To give you more top tips for staying safe online visit our e-safety page.