Prior to FGB, our governors were treated to a ‘Festival of Learning’ where numerous staff and children shared their learning projects (separate post to follow). It was fantastic to see our learning community sharing their thoughts.
After that, despite the heat, our governors kept cool heads, didn’t get hot under the collar and got down to business. Topics covered:
- We congratulated Ms Trickett on her appointment as Head Teacher.
- We welcomed Ms Scourfield to the FGB in the role of Staff Governor.
- The staffing & structure for next academic year was clarified.
- We received Mr Roberts’ final Heads Report.
- An update on a variety of projects across the school (tbc) was heard.
- We thanked John Reynolds for his unyielding support as a Governor over the last 12 years. He has made a fantastic contribution to our school community
Finally, we thanked Mr Roberts for his passion, endeavour and good humour and wished him all the very best for the future.
Should you wish to speak to Amanda Erasmus, our Chair of Governors, please email email@example.com
Due to the England football team exceeding all expectations, we are all facing an unfortunate clash on Weds evening: watching England v Croatia in the World Cup semi finals, or watching the Y6 production.
FIFA are reluctant to change the date of the Semi- Final, so we have decided to move the Y6 production from Wednesday evening to Tuesday evening (10th July).
The Monday daytime performance is unaffected.
Y2 showed Mrs Bailey and Y4 how to do a Kahoot today! First of all they showed the children in Y4 which website to go to and how to join the game. They then showed them how the game works. We discussed how else we could use a Kahoot – someone had the good idea that they could link it with their topic.
After the first game, we left Y4 to it. Mrs Bailey took a risk and ran the game by herself. Then (and i’m so excited by this), she decided to start to run with the earlier suggestion by creating her own Kahoot quiz to tie in with Y4’s topic.
Y2 and I had previously talked about how it feels when you help someone. I enjoyed helping Mrs Bailey; it made me feel valued and I was glad to be able to help her add a new angle to Y4’s learning. Y2, how did it feel when you helped Y4? Y4, how did it feel to be helped by Y2?
I wonder if there is a class out there that would like Y4 to demonstrate Kahoot?
Y2 have been extending their computing skills by creating folders and copying files [and putting them into their newly created folders]. They then used an outline of the Queen (to fit in with our topic) and learnt how to use the fill tool to turn them into Andy Warhol style pieces of art. We then learnt how to add text to our image, so that we could out our names on them. I am so impressed by how much Y2 have learnt in such a short space of time!
This evening, the Full Governing Body met in what was a very well attended meeting. As always we discussed the shape of Maple Cross’s past, present and future. Topics included:
- An update from the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Maths) Cluster.
- An update from the Creative (Reading, Writing, Art, Music) Cluster.
- A review of the 2017/18 financial position and an interrogation of the 2018/19 budget.
- Discussion of how well Governor Link Visits are working. Do they need to evolve?
- An update on the progress of our GDPR compliancy.
Do get in touch if you have any questions.