The highlight of my week is ‘tea with Mrs T’. Every Friday, children from each class come and share their learning over a cup of hot chocolate. It is so wonderful to hear the children discuss and explain their learning and recognise the impact it has had on them as a learner.
This week the children shared . . . . .
- using the black hat to recognise a problem/barrier in their learning
- independently seeking resources (sound mat) to support writing
- taking on the role of a character in drama to support reading and writing
- sharing a planning model and story based on a character from a text
- using the comfort / challenge / panic circles and identifying how this changes over time
- using actions and reactions to structure writing
- developing independent strategies to use in learning (3 before me)
- developing different strategies to explain learning to a partner
Congratulations to Szymon, Ellie-Mae, Hadley, Liam, Carter, Emma, Emily and Matthew.