Year 6 – Bake Off!

What a way to celebrate our ‘show-off’ week! Year 6 showed fantastic collaboration and perseverance during their Bake Off competition and all the judges were pleasantly surprised with the presentation, taste and texture!

Year 6 – What skills did you learn?

14 thoughts on “Year 6 – Bake Off!

1. I really did like the design on the cake and the team work and effort that was put into it you can see on the icing.

2. This was definitely a hard and competitive task and also involved a wide variety of skills that needed to be used. On the whole, this activity was very fun but very annoying too!

3. THIS…WAS… so fun!! i wish to do it again. i just want to know: what did we learn? did we learn new skills? if we did what skills? i do entruly wish to do it again!
    -Erin

4. I really enjoyed the year six bake off because we got to bake all day. After, when the teacher came in to judge, I felt really excited!

5. We needed to be good communicators and work well as teams . It was very stressful because we wanted to all do well and win.

6. i loved this lesson because you get to work as a group and you can just do what you want but i think my cake is going to make people sick because of the toppings but is the best day of sats week 100%

7. This was a great fun. We all had a fun time and the cakes tasted delicious. The process was challenging though.

8. The cake making was amazing I thought that my cake that my team made was really good some other cakes were a bit different but we learnt some life skills so that’s really good.

9. I really enjoy baking as it is a really good skill to have in life and if we can earn to bake in year 6 we are ready for secondary school as you do baking. Also, it was really fun and made us have fun during SATS.