Welcome Back!

We hope you had a caring and kind Christmas and New Year!

It is time to get excited about the year ahead: What are you looking forward to? What will be your targets for this year?

How will you make it happen? Are you ready to learn for it? Are you ready to keep trying?

The ancient Greek philosopher Aristotle wrote,

The happy life is thought to be one of excellence; now an excellent life requires exertion, and does not consist in amusement.

“Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.

Read more: http://www.searchquotes.com/Aristotle/Excellence/quotes/#ixzz53CY2GtYc

2 thoughts on “Welcome Back!

1. Naqiya: “I’d like to make my handwriting better. I will do this by practising and making it smaller.”
    Keira: ” I’m going to be kinder to my parents by going to bed when they ask me to!”
    Harvey: “I want to concentrate more by trying to ignore silly behaviour.”
    Felicity: “I want to keep a diary. I will make time every Sunday to do this.”

2. I really enjoyed sharing my targets for the year in assembly on Thursday.
    For 2018 I have decided to read 12 classic books that I have never read before. My book for January is Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte.
    I think this will be a great challenge and something I find very difficult but this doesn’t mean it isn’t worth doing. So far the children have been a great encouragement asking me how it is going. With the support of others and a belief in yourself we can all achieve our aims.
    Happy New Year.